Wednesday 6 June 2012

Putting a Good Stop with Macbeth


(7) Maal Fikri Jelani

Macbeth, Macbeth, Macbeth,
Thy work of art is one a piece,
Thy looks of fear hearts with me,
May he will know why suffer thee,
May he will see what become of me.

It has been a long journey with Macbeth. Somehow rather the play is more than a tragedy. We often think that people pry of tragedy. We think that tragedy is always part of our lives. We believe that tragedy is a must when it comes to human life. What say you? Do you think your life is a tragedy?

I would want to close Macbeth with a good stop. These are my thoughts and words which I’ve chosen carefully.

“Macbeth is more than a work of art. It is life told into a story close within our hearts. We may fear the fact that our fate is not easy but yet alone never to let ourselves live in great sufferings. Macbeth has thought this young mind to look, to think and be wiser in life.”

I would say that it has been a great deal of trouble to learn Macbeth, but I could see and sense the value of this play. The biggest burden now is fall upon to me to see, how I would generate the future younger generation “to look, to think and be wise”. This is going to be a great deal of responsibility and I hope this closing will be an opening to a new beginning.

TO LOOK, TO THINK, AND BE WISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment