Saturday 2 June 2012

(10) My Final Post, Nazrin



(Image from Google)

-The End Has No End-



Thank You All, Thank You Macbeth.

I sat on my chair starring at my laptop, click on my browser, log in to USPOT and straight to our blog, hey Macbeth!. It  has been a long journey, a great journey,  I go through every post that my friend and I have posted, all I can say is that I’m actually proud of myself. Today, more or less, I know Macbeth. Even no deep as anyone, but at least I know the story line. I know thane of Glamis, I know thane of Cawdor.

Looking back during the first time I was assigned to the Macbeth, I though it was a joke, how on earth a person like me could commit myself reading ultra-alien-space language!? But I though, just follow the flow.
At first it’s very hard; I don’t even understand what Macbeth is all about. I thought that I’m not going to understand this Macbeth forever. Lucky after a few week, since ms Dzeelfa keep rushing and pushing us, I got to do something, I started by watching Macbeth in animation series, quiet interesting, I said to myself, starting from that I slowly begin to start my journey in understanding Macbeth.

I learnt a lot from the entire project involving Macbeth, from adaptation and strategies in reading and old English language book.

The classroom discussion really helps me in understanding Macbeth; explanations by Miss Dzeelfa and feedback from others fellow classmates has open up my perspective. One thing that I realised is during 1st time I went through Macbeth text, during the first chapter, I’d say that Macbeth is a good person, he just innocent and influenced by Lady Macbeth. But as the story goes by, I realized that Macbeth himself is actually an evil, he keep feeding his greediness and leads towards many murders.

I would like to see a remake of the Macbeth movie with a modern effects and technology; it would be a wonderful movie, maybe Macbeth crossover with star wars, Macbeth in star wars setting.  Fighting with light saber and so on.

As sum up for this Macbeth journey, I think I have achieved what I aim for, my aim for Macbeth is actually just to know the characters, the story line, and a bit about important events, I guess I manage to achieve my goal. I might be continued to read Macbeth because I still haven’t finish reading the original text especially at the final chapter.

I’m thinking maybe after this I will look for other Shakespeare great masterpiece, as a casual reader, not as serious as this and of course, with sparknote no fear Shakespeare. J

For this final post I would like to say thank you to all my friends, who directly or indirectly helping me during this Macbeth’s semester, thank you also to my entire team group. And thank you, lots of thank you, zillions of thank you to Miss Dzeelfa.


Che Mohd Nazrin B. Che MOhd Yusoff
153914

1 comment:

  1. Your wish to see that version of Macbeth (a cross between it and Star Wars) may have already realised. Now that you understand the essence of Macbeth, you'll see him everywhere.

    Thank you Nazrin for letting me take you through this journey. I hope it wasn't too painful. I enjoyed reading your entries immensely. All the best to you, young man.

    ReplyDelete