Thursday 24 May 2012

(4)Coincidence or what?


Azami Bin Mohamed 154992

This is no Dragonball.

Oh silly me! Of course there are foreshadows in the play. How come I missed to realize the other foreshadowing of this play apart from my previous blog post. We have gone through on the prophecy of the witches which are foreshadows of later events of the play. I still remember, Bancquo said to Macbeast on Act 1:

ROSS
BANQUO
MACBETH

Again, I would like to credit this great playwright for his great mind and vision.
Browsing through my entries, I did mentioned the name Nostradamus on my first ever post. As we know, Nostradamus was well-known for his predictions in the past which later occur such as The Great London Fire, Napoleon and Hitler. I never expected that this French apothecary that I have mentioned on my first post can be related to those foreshadowing of the play and the witches prophecy.

Phew. I wonder if this was also been predicted by Shakespeare, the witches or Nostradamus. HAHAHA. Nah, I am never a fan of prophecy. Not that I am religious, although I am (LOL), but everything happens for a reason. But as for the play Macbeth, of course Shakespeare has the ultimate power to weave however he wants in his own play.

Side note: Unrelated to the text. I wonder if Shakespeare was ever a great chess player? Or a tactician for the Great Britain's army? 

No comments:

Post a Comment