Thursday 24 May 2012

(3) Macbeast's Nascent


nas·cent/ˈnāsənt/
Adjective: (esp. of a process or organization) Just coming into existence and beginning to display signs of future potential; not yet fully developed.




I must say, clever Shakespeare. For a beginner, first reader like me, I am truly fascinated on how Shakespeare had developed this play. 
Let us see what do I meant with the nascent of  Macbeth

ACT I
SCENE I. A desert place.
Exeunt

All witches said simultaneously: "Fair is foul, and foul is fair: Hover through the fog and filthy air" right after they have mentioned Macbeth's name. After referring back to this scene, I see what Shakespeare did here. He was foreshadowing us, the reader/audience, on the potential of Macbeth has throughout this play.
Hover through the fog and filthy air? My humble opinion believes the phrase is referring to the blood spilled in order to achieve Macbeth's ambition. Filthy, dirty hands of the evil-doers.

Moreover, what did the witches have brought in the first act? PROPHECY. You Shakespeare, sir, do really have amazing play organization.
So Macbeth (read Macbeast), did you really started to develop your insane ambition only after you have encountered the witches?


AZAMI MOHAMED 154992

No comments:

Post a Comment